Date: 9th November 2012
Venue: Hibernian Hotel, Kilkenny.
Chairman Pat Murray presented the Chairman’s Report for 2012:
- Membership has steadily been growing to 75 members
- There was an increase in the participation of MCC members in cycling events such as sportives, league races in both Waterford and Wexford and in A4 open races.
- Fiona Cooke represented Leinster in Olympic TT qualification event and also competed in Rás na mBan.
- Jim Fitzpatrick was 2nd in the Race Around Ireland.
- Training Day with Ciaran Power for the 2nd year running, went down very well, positive feedback.
- Monday evening spins proved to be very popular. Many thanks to John Britton for his effort here.
- The Club also ran spinning classes in Spring and has just started winter program, -managed to fill 2 classes.
- Time Trial League run jointly between ourselves, Deenside Wheelers and Kilkenny Triathlon Club. Many thanks to Fiona Cooke for the work she put into organising this.
- Tour de Kilkenny had another successful year despite the poor weather. Numbers similar to 2011 @ 670 and we raised approx. €9k for Barretstown.
- First ever weekend trip to Dungarvan took place in October. 8 members participated and it was a great success. Sincere thanks to Mick Barron for doing support car and photography.
- Neil Butler became our first ever A3 racer in 2012.
- MCC hosted a highly successful Ras stage finish and start in May. Sincere thanks to all volunteers who helped out.
Club Kit Design will remain unchanged for 2013.
Existing sponsors to be approached for renewal
Tour de Kilkenny
- For 2013 funds raised from the Tour de Kilkenny will be split across a number of charities.
- Sponsorship Agreement with Glanbia includes agreement to contribute to Barretstown Charity.
- Club members will also have the opportunity to nominate other charities.
- This will be through a nomination process whereby the committee will select charities based on a number of criteria.
- Nomination form circulated at AGM and available on MCC website.
- Greater support from club members will be required for 2013 in running the event.
- May need to consider making it mandatory for all club members not to take part in cycle and to assist on the days as marshals/assistants.
Many thanks to outgoing Committee members Patrick Tobin and Fiona Cooke for all their help and hard work.
We welcome the following new committee members
- James Kelly
- Mick Battle
- Ashley Godden
- Eugene Mullaly
Changes to roles:
- Gerry McGovern to become Chairman
- Barry Lynch to become Treasurer
- Pat Murray to become PRO
- Mike Shields to remain as Secretary
Treasurer Gerry McGovern presented the Treasurers Report for 2012
Fiona Cooke attended the CI AGM and reported on a number of changes to racing rules for 2013. A4 licenses will no longer be available to first time racers. Those intending to race must take out a club competition license first and after completing a minimum of 6 club/league races can then apply for an A4 license. In addition, an amnesty has been introduced for 2013 to allow riders to upgrade by one category. All details on the Cycling Ireland website.
MCC membership fee to remain at €20 for 2013. Membership being accepted now and Cycling Ireland Licences being issues from 12th November. These are valid until end of 2013. Cycling Ireland Licence fees unchanged for 2013. Membership and Licence form on MCC Website.
- 3 Members going on a Rescue Emergency Care Course
- New club gear order to go in, but each order is subject to demand (each item requires a min order of 10). Contact Eoin Hogan (086) 8122030
- Festive Fifty will be run again this Christmas on Sunday 16th December.
- Training day to be arranged in spring
- Monday night spins will begin in April
- Time Trial league starting in May
- Tour de Kilkenny on Saturday August 3rd.
- End of Season Club Night Away in September
- Will plan a few more MTB excursions.
- Tour de Kilkenny
A debate on the idea of making the Tour de Kilkenny route easier ensued. It was agreed that even though the 110km and 160km routes are difficult, it is part of the allure and should not be changed. As before the challenges of the routes will be clearly outlined to intending participants.
- Weekend Away
It was felt that it would be better to have a single route rather than 2 options as per 2012.