Club Events 2014 Schedule
- MCC Club spins are helds as follows:
9.00am Saturday + Sunday (fast spin for experienced cyclists - approx 70-100km)
9.30am Saturday + Sunday (steady spin - approx 50-70km)
10.00am Sunday (easy spin - approx 30-50km)
- Every Saturday and Sunday morning, we leave from the Castle Gate on the Parade in Kilkenny at the above times (9am in the summer and 10am in the winter) for our weekend spins. We try to have different groups to cater for cyclists of all abilities. There is a new beginner spin, which leaves the castle gates at 10.00am on Sunday. This is proving to be very popular with beginners and new members to get used to cycling in a group.
- The club has a training day with Paddy Doran in March, this is a combination of a practical road session with intervals, sprints and skill training. Followed by lunch and a presentation/Q&A session.
- Monday night spins will be re-introduced in April. These cycles are for beginners and leave the Castle Gate at 7pm. We will update our website once dates are confirmed. This group was hugely popular for beginners.
- A TT (time trial) league will start on May 1st 2014. This will be held over a 6 week period on a Thursday evening and will be organised to allow cyclists of all abilities to compete. We are delighted to have Kilkenny Triathlon Club, Deenside Wheelers and Kells Angels joining us in this league.
- The very popular Tour de Kilkenny is confirmed for Saturday August 2nd 2014, which is the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekend. Over 800 participants took part in the 2013 event and we are hoping that 2014 will be even big and better. This is the clubs main event of the year and is proving to be a real hit with sportive riders. Details will be posted on our website closer to the date of the event.
- Core Strength & Spinning Classes: The club has organised two 10 week programmes for core strength (Tuesday nights) and also spinning classes (Thursday nights). These classes are a great way of taking a break from the road bike during the winter months but also have excellent benefits for your overall fitness.
- Other events (both within and outside MCC) will be notified to members by regular text and website updates.
- We’re also on Facebook and Twitter (handy for RSS/web feeds) for updates on the above events. Please see our website (marblecitycyclers.com) for links to both of these.
- We are always looking for new members of all abilities, men and women, to join our Club. If you are already cycling but feel you could benefit from group cycling, we would like to hear from you. If you are looking for a fun and enjoyable way of getting fit and think road cycling could be for you, we would also like to hear from you!
Our contact details are:
Brendan O’Reilly (086) 1647495 ~ Michael Shields (086) 604 5918 ~ Pat Murray (087) 922 1987
Marble City Cyclers is affiliated to Cycling Ireland, the governing body of all cycling in Ireland.