Club Events 2013 Schedule
- Every Saturday and Sunday morning, we leave from the Castle Gate on the Parade in Kilkenny at 9am (in the summer) 10am (in the winter) for our weekend spins. These times may change with the summer hours, but this will be updated on our website. There is also a new beginner spin for 2013, which leaves the castle gates at 10.30. This is proving to be very popular with beginners and new members to get used to cycling in a group. This group will, covering around 30-50km at an pace of around 25kmph.
- The club has a training day with Paddy Doran on Saturday 23rd February 2013, this is a combination of a practical road session with intervals, sprints and skill training. Followed by lunch and a presentation/Q&A session.
- Monday night spins will be re-introduced in April. These cycles are for beginners and leave the Castle Gate at 7pm. We will update our website once dates are confirmed. This group was hugely popular for beginners.
- A TT (time trial) league will start on (TBC). This will be held over a 6 week period on a Thursday evening and will be organised to allow cyclists of all abilities to compete. We are delighted to have Kilkenny Triathlon Club and Deenside Wheelers joining us in this league. Full details will be posted on our website closer to the date of the event.
- The very popular Tour de Kilkenny is confirmed for Saturday August 3rd, which is the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekend. Nearly 800 participants took part in the 2012 event(even in torrential summer rain!) and we are hoping that 2013 will be even big and better. This is the clubs main event of the year and is proving to be a real hit with sportive riders. Details will be posted on our website closer to the date of the event.
- Core Strength & Spinning Classes: The club has organised two 10 week programmes for core strength (Tuesday nights) and also spinning classes (Thursday nights). These classes are a great way of taking a break from the road bike during the winter months but also have excellent benefits for your overall fitness.
- Other events (both within and outside MCC) will be notified to members by regular text and website updates.
- We’re also on Facebook and Twitter (handy for RSS/web feeds) for updates on the above events. Please see our website (marblecitycyclers.com) for links to both of these.
- We are always looking for new members of all abilities, men and women, to join our Club. If you are already cycling but feel you could benefit from group cycling, we would like to hear from you. If you are looking for a fun and enjoyable way of getting fit and think road cycling could be for you, we would also like to hear from you!
Our contact details are:
Brendan O’Reilly (086) 1647495 ~ Michael Shields (086) 604 5918 ~ Pat Murray (087) 922 1987
Marble City Cyclers is affiliated to Cycling Ireland, the governing body of all cycling in Ireland.